NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: Pharmacy Practice and Science (1905)
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
The Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science is actively seeking a dynamic individual for an Assistant Professor, tenure-track position in any area of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research (e.g., economics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, large database research, disease modeling). The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy is currently ranked among the top 20 colleges of pharmacy in the nation, in both education and research.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop interdisciplinary research programs within the University or other universities and agencies is desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to have a strong research program with extramural federal (e.g. NIH, AHRQ) funding and provide instruction to both professional and graduate programs.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected:
- To have a strong extramurally-funded research program.
- To provide instruction to both professional and graduate programs.
- To develop interdisciplinary research programs within the University or other universities and agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability and dedication to develop an extramurally-funded research program.
- Ability to participate in scholarship.
- Have a commitment to excellence in teaching (didactic and experiential) and training of students, residents, fellows, pharmacists and other health professionals.
- PhD in pharmaceutical and/or health outcomes or a related discipline such as health services.
- Background in pharmaceutical outcomes research, with preference given to those individuals with a focus in patient reported outcomes research.
- Professional pharmacy degree and relevant post-doctoral experience.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and professional service.
Rank: Assistant Professor
Tenure Information: Tenure Track (T/TE)
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $110,000 – $116,000 Annually, DOE
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Number: F21448
Contact Information for Candidates
Terri Warholak, PhD, Chair, Search Committee
Review Begins On: 05/28/2018
How to apply
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.