The Department of Earth and Space Sciences at Lamar University is seeking a faculty member to join our department. The applicant must be qualified to teach and conduct research in structural geology, as well as teach physical geology. The candidate will also be expected to co-teach annual field camps. The tenure-track position is at the Assistant to Associate Professor level, dependent on qualifications. The department has been growing in its number of baccalaureate majors and also serves a substantial general education teaching mission for other disciplines.
- A Ph.D. in the Geological Sciences
- A strong record of research
- Field experience
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and the potential for excellence in teaching at the Assistant Professor level
- Ability to teach geology courses at all levels
- A Ph.D. in geology with a specialization in structural geology is required, along with qualifications supporting appointment at the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor at Lamar University.
- Applicants must have a strong record of teaching, research, external funding and publications.
- Close ties to industry research, federal labs or state agencies
- A track record of external research funding and peer-reviewed publications
- Working knowledge of and experience with GIS, remote sensing, geodesy and/or neotectonics
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
How to apply
Applicants should submit letter of application, CV, names and contact information for professional references and three (3) confidential letters of recommendation and any supporting materials to https://jobs.lamar.edu
If unable to attach materials electronically, send to Search Committee, #499993, Human Resources, Lamar University, PO Box 11127, Beaumont, TX 77710 or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Human Resources Department. Please include the position number in the e-mail or recommendation letter.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.