Location: Malaysia Campus
Purpose of the Role: The role holder will be expected to make a significant contribution to the work of the School’s General Education and Education Leadership and Management programmes, and to scholarship in those two areas.
Duties include teaching undergraduate modules related to General, Education Leadership and Management, and then an expansion into teaching post-graduate modules. Duties also include supervising undergraduate and post-graduate students’ research projects/studies, and interfacing with local, state, and national organizations. The successful candidate is expected to conduct an active research agenda in the field of special and inclusive education and be involved in the administration of programmes and other academic related roles.
- Candidates must hold an earned doctorate in Education Leadership or a related field. Candidates must also have teaching and leadership experience. Applicants must show potential for developing, or have earned, a strong scholarly record as well as commitment to teaching and service. High level of English verbal and written communication proficiency is required.
- Preferred Qualifications: Teaching experiences in higher education; familiarity with online teaching tools; and experience or potential to work collaboratively and across disciplines.
- Ability to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse student, peer, and school-site populations.
- Ability to reflect and learn from students’ participation, demonstrating compassionate and consistent behaviour in all educational matters, while maintaining high standards.
The contract will be held with The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, and for international candidates, is subject to you obtaining the appropriate work permit from the Malaysian Department of Immigration. Additional benefits and relocation packages are available for international candidates.
How to apply
Applications which include a covering letter, teaching philosophy statement, curriculum vitae and research statement should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Prof Ganakumaran Subramaniam, email: email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.