Department of Biology and Kinesiology
The position is for nine months, with the possibility of summer school teaching. Classes and other responsibilities are conducted primarily weekdays, but may include some evening classes and independent studies. Attendance will also be required at some evening and weekend events.
- Teach freshman to senior level Biology courses
- Use and maintain currency with appropriate instructional technology.
- Participate actively in the University learning community by serving on department, school, and/or university committees and special service assignments
- Participate in student advising, success and retention programs.
- Maintain a commitment to academic scholarship in the field of expertise.
- A doctorate in a biological science field from a regionally accredited university.
- A preference will be given to those with teaching experience, especially Ecology, Environmental Science and Comparative Anatomy
- A proven ability to relate to students and to communicate subject material using current technologies.
- A strong interest and commitment to teaching and advising at the undergraduate level.
- An enthusiastic Christian faith with a commitment to Christian higher education that integrates Christian faith with learning.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: August 12, 2018
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
LeTourneau University is the premier Christian polytechnic university in the nation where educators engage students to nurture Christian virtue, develop competency and ingenuity in their professional fields, integrate faith and work, and serve the local and global community.
LETU is a Christ-centered, interdenominational institute of higher learning offering more than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts and sciences, aviation, business & technology, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education, engineering, nursing, psychology & counseling and theology & vocation. LETU’s 2,700 students represent nearly all 50 states, more than 30 foreign countries, and around 50 different denominational groups. In addition to residential programs at the main campus in Longview, Texas, students are enrolled in a robust suite of online programs, as well as innovative hybrid programs in the Dallas and Houston areas.
LETU is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges,” and the engineering program is ranked nationally. LeTourneau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org) to award associate, baccalaureate and master’s degrees. LeTourneau University’s engineering and engineering technology programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 – telephone: 410-347-7700. The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University as a Master’s (Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub city with an MSA of over 190,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested hills and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
See http://www.letu.edu for more information.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled. In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send inquiries, completed electronic application, copies of graduate transcripts and a current CV to: E-mail address: GerrieForbis@letu.edu
Dr. Steven D. Mason
Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
P.O. Box 7001
Longview, Texas 75607-7001
FAX (903) 233-3259
Phone (903) 233-3200
Web Address: www.letu.edu
Send Electronic inquiries and applications to E-mail address: GerrieForbis@letu.edu