The position will teach undergraduate communications media courses including Voice and Diction and Oral Interpretation (also, Theater Appreciation and Acting classes with appropriate credentials). The position will serve as the Program Coordinator for the Communications Media Program in the Department of Visual, Performing, and Communications Arts. The rank and tenure-status of position is negotiable based on qualifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Communications Media Program.
- Recruit and advise program majors.
- Attend regularly scheduled meeting with the Visual, Performing and Communications Media chairperson.
- Attend monthly meeting with the communication media faculty.
- Participate on university, college and departmental committees and assessments.
- Prepare budget for the academic year.
- Provide goals and objectives for the Communication Media Program.
- Submit periodic reports to the Chairperson and the Dean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- A terminal degree (Ph.D.) in communications, theatre, or media related studies with emphasis in vocal performance
- Must have knowledge and experience of production and operations in communications media
- Must have experience in vocal performance including stage, radio, film and television production, video, and emerging electronic media
- Scholarly publication, grant applications, and creative output relevant to the discipline are expected