About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported, SREB level III, liberal arts institution; it is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community
Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, Arkansas invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position as an Assistant/Associate Professor in the Curriculum and Instruction Department within the College of Education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach a variety of undergraduate/graduate courses in Curriculum and Instruction (C & I) (face-to-face and online) with specialization in Special Education (with emphasis in Dyslexia) and supervise interns.
- Effectively advise students at the undergraduate (and graduate, when appropriate) levels.
- Engage students in high impact learning practices.
- Develop a sustainable scholarship program including seeking external funds to support the program.
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and professional service relevant to the university, community, and state.
- Collaborate with faculty and public school partners in the development, review, assessment, and maintenance of Curriculum and Instruction programs.
- Assist in promoting C & I programs and recruiting students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the department chair.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions expected of today’s education professionals and an understanding of the public school culture, organized, effective communicator, ability to participate effectively in team, good writing capabilities, collegial
- A doctorate or ABD (with expected completion by February 15, 2018) in Special Education, Reading (with an emphasis on reading disabilities particularly dyslexia), Dyslexia, or closely-related field.
- A minimum of three years of U.S. public school teaching experience K-12 required.
- Applicable knowledge of special education pedagogy required.
- Experience in college teaching, particularly in special education, reading with an emphasis in reading disabilities (particularly dyslexia), and/or closely-related field preferred.
- Experience in college online teaching preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with faculty, interns/field-based participants, and school partners preferred.
- Evidence of scholarly activity preferred.
How to apply
To be considered for the Assistant/Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction position, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on February 10, 2017. Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now. This position anticipated hire date will be August 2017.
Submit: Letter of application, curriculum vita, a teaching/learning philosophy, copies of transcripts, and contact information for 5 references
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.