Assistant/Associate Professor of English (Tenure-Track)
Klein Family School of Communications Design, Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number 300741
Faculty position with benefits package
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications
Note: The position is open until filled, and completed applications received by February 1, 2017 will receive full consideration.
The academic selection team needs to receive complete applications with all required documents attached and needs prospective colleagues to have the four required documents referenced below ready to attach in our system before starting or submitting electronic applications.
The University of Baltimore’s Klein Family School of Communications Design seeks a teacher/scholar for a tenure-track position teaching primarily undergraduate courses in the School’s English and Integrated Arts programs. Initial responsibilities include teaching three undergraduate courses per semester, as well as participating in curriculum development and other tasks, as appropriate. In addition to literature courses, the ideal candidate will also be able to teach courses in the School’s Integrated Arts program. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in English or other appropriate discipline, college teaching experience, arts experience, evidence of scholarship or creative work, and background in the arts.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
· Teach a variety of literature courses including English literature in the School’s undergraduate English program;
· Teach a variety of arts courses in the School’s undergraduate Integrated Arts program.
Responsibilities may also include the following:
· Assist in curriculum development.
· Teach in hybrid and fully online environments.
· Assist in program evaluation and outcome assessment activities.
· Assume all other responsibilities and expectations of a tenure-track faculty member in the Klein Family School of Communications Design, as well as the College of Arts and Sciences and the university as a whole.
Required: Ph.D. in English or other appropriate discipline
· college-level teaching experience and demonstrated effectiveness;
· evidence of scholarship and publications in literature or work in the arts;
· strong communication and interpersonal skills;
· experience working with a diverse, non-traditional student population.
Salary, rank, and appointment will be commensurate with the candidate’s background, experience, and record of achievement. Employment offer is contingent on the position’s funding.
How to apply
Electronic applications are required. Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/about-ub/offices-and-services/human-resources/jobs-at-ub.cfm?&posting=1186 for access to the electronic application and to review the list of required PDF (preferred) or Word documents to be attached to your application.
The position is open until filled, and completed applications received by February 1, 2017 will receive full consideration.