Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment:
August 21, 2018
The Department of Educational Leadership & Higher Education is dedicated to offering current and prospective students the opportunity to develop, advance and apply learning in leadership roles as a PK-12 administrator (building or district) or as a college or university administrator. For more information about the department, go to: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/elhe/
Teach masters and doctoral level courses in the higher education leadership program in student development and student affairs administration. Serve as a major advisor, member, or method specialist on master’s thesis and doctoral dissertation committees. Develop or maintain a research and scholarship agenda. Recruit, advise, and mentor graduate students. Work effectively with colleagues across disciplines. Assist in program operation and planning. Participate in service activities. Perform other duties as requested.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2015-2017_IFO_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
· Earned Doctorate in Higher Education or related field from accredited institution by date of appointment
· Ability to teach student development and student affairs administration and to serve as major advisor on master’s thesis and doctoral dissertation committees
· Evidence of demonstrated success (associate level) or of potential for success (assistant level) in 1) teaching at the graduate level, 2) establishing/maintaining a scholarly and publication agenda, 3) participating in professional and scholarly associations, and 4) advising and mentoring dissertation students
· Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
· Served as a dissertation chair on doctoral dissertations committees
· Successful leadership experience in higher education
· Evidence of experience and academic expertise in one or more of the following areas: leadership, diversity and social justice; assessment and institutional effectiveness, the college student, student outcomes, school and community partnerships.
· Experience teaching online.
· Experience with international higher education.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins February 15, 2018; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Michael Mills, Search Committee Chair
Phone (320) 308.4241