The Department of Leadership (DOL) at the University of Memphis invites applications for a tenure-track position in Higher Education Leadership. Applicants are encouraged to apply who have a strong commitment to research and teaching that supports the preparation of higher education leaders in the areas of student affairs and/or higher education administration. The successful candidate should be an engaged scholar-practitioner of higher education with demonstrated professional experience in the field of higher education administration and/or student affairs.
Applicants must have earned a doctorate in higher education, educational leadership, or a closely-related field of study from an accredited university by date of appointment, and must demonstrate the ability to:
• Teach courses—on line, face-to-face, and in hybrid format—to students with interests in higher education;
• Conduct nationally- and internationally-recognized research and scholarship in areas related to higher education management and leadership; and
• Collaborate with faculty and student affairs colleagues, local higher education administrators, community leaders, policy-making bodies, and/or higher educational leadership research associations.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrate capacity to seek and secure external support for research;
• Evidence of a commitment to developing an innovative program of interdisciplinary research in higher education management and leadership, and which is commensurate with experience;
• Experience in comparative and international higher education research, teaching, and service;
• Experience having presentations accepted at the regional, national, and/or international level;
• Evidence of a commitment to excellence in teaching and advising, including online environments and other uses of cutting-edge technologies;
• Experience advising master’s and doctoral students;
• Evidence of a commitment to and experience with working collegially with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds; and
• Administrative experience in a higher education setting.
How to apply
Review of applications will begin February 5, 2018 and may continue until the position is filled. Applications are to be submitted electronically at https://workforum.memphis.edu.
Applicants are required to submit (1) a letter of application documenting qualifications for the position, (2) a current curriculum vitae, (3) up to three representative reprints or preprints of scholarly publications (if available), and (4) at least three names, mail and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of academic references. For questions/clarification, please contact the co-chairpersons of the Search Committee: Dr. William L. Akey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Dr. Wendy Griswold (email@example.com). Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.