AACSB competitive with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment:
Aug. 21, 2018 – May 15, 2019
St. Cloud State University seeks applications for a Scholarly Academic (SA) Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing (tenure-track) appointment in the Marketing Department of the Herberger Business School, beginning Fall semester 2017. The Marketing department features the Professional Selling Specialization and also houses the General Business major. In addition to eight undergraduate major programs, the Herberger Business School offers a Master of Business Administration program, and a Master of Science in Information Assurance program. The Herberger Business School has been accredited by AACSB for over 40 years.
1. Teach undergraduate or graduate level marketing courses as needed
2. Contribute to the achievement of all departmental goals which include: (a) providing a high quality learning environment, (b) maintaining AACSB-International accreditation, (c) research and other scholarly activity and maintaining academically qualified status as defined by accreditation standards, (d) curriculum and program development and enhancement, and (e) serving our students, the department, the business school, the university, and various publics.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and perform other assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly and/or professional achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2015-2017_IFO_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
· Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Marketing from an AACSB-International accredited institution (ABDs with completion within a year are also considered),
· Evidence of ability to teach marketing courses effectively,
· Evidence of ability and commitment to conduct research and other scholarly achievements in marketing consistent with AACSB-International accreditation,
· Ability to contribute to departmental goals,
· Ability to teach and work effectively with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds,
· Willingness to provide service to the university community,
· Willingness to contribute to student growth and development
As part of the interview process, candidates with campus interviews will be required to teach a marketing class where teaching effectiveness will be evaluated by SCSU marketing faculty.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this NEOGOV website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm.
Applications must be submitted online via NEOGOV, as directed, above.
Application Review begins March 13, 2018; position is open until filled.
A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current professional references
· Copies of official Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD)
Search Committee Chair – Dr. Rajesh Gulati, Professor of Marketing