Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment:
Tuesday, August, 21st 2018
The Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) department at St. Cloud State University (SCSU) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in Software Engineering with preferred research emphases in one or more of the following specializations: mobile development, Internet of Things (IoT) computing, visualization and gaming, cyber security, big data & data analytics, systems, and Human Computer Interaction (HCI). The successful candidate will perform all academic activities related to the mission of the institution, mainly in the area of software engineering.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the department. Teaching responsibilities will be primarily in undergraduate and graduate software engineering programs. However, teaching courses in computer science and in information technology will also be required. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery, assessment, and growth of the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering as well as the new Professional Science Masters in Software Engineering program. Contributions to the undergraduate and graduate Software Engineering programs will include student recruiting and forging partnerships with industry and government.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development including student advising; and 5) provide service to the university and community. Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization ( https://www.ifo.org/)
Qualifications and experience:
- A Ph.D. in Software Engineering. Applicants with a Ph.D. in a closely related field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering having a strong emphasis in Software Engineering will also be considered. ABD candidates may be considered if there is clear evidence of degree completion by the time of appointment;
- Software engineering industrial experience.
- A record of peer-reviewed or edited publication;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Academic experience with graduate and undergraduate software engineering program(s);
- External grants and contracts experience;
- Interdisciplinary experience;
- Experience with teaching and assessment of on-line (credentialed) courses;
- Experience with ABET accreditation
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfmApplication review begins early January, 2018; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); official transcripts will be required upon hiring
- Note: Each required document must be uploaded for your application to be considered.
Omar Al-Azzam, Search Committee Chair
Assistant Professor of Software Engineering
Phone: (320) 308-5196