The School of Education at the University of Indianapolis seeks applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Special Education. This nine month, tenure track position will be part of a newly restructured Department of Leadership and Educational Studies within the School of Education that is expected to expand both online and face-to-face graduate programs, including a new online master’s degree in Special Education. The successful candidate will have expertise in special education, P12 teaching and leadership experience in special education and a specialty area such as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Autism, EBD, etc.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a record of academic accomplishments, scholarly recognition, and service to the profession to warrant appropriate appointment at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor. The candidate will engage with faculty and students in a manner that highlights professionalism and collegiality.
Note to Applicants: As a part of this application, you will be asked to submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, transcript, and list of three professional references. We ask that you upload your curriculum vitae in the resume section of the application.
- Teach assigned courses in face to face, hybrid, or online settings, as determined by Chair
- Participate in ongoing scholarship leading to publication and presentation at the state and national level
- Serve the department, School, university and profession
- Doctorate in special education or related field required; concentration in early childhood, ABA, or closely related field, preferred
- Experience as a P-12 special education teacher is required; prior experience as a P-12 special education director or coordinator is highly desired
- Clean or acceptable driving record is required
- Graduate-level teaching experience required
- Preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated experience teaching in and developing online curricula and programs; engagement in scholarly activities, including grant writing, program development and evaluation, and service on graduate committees
- Multicultural experience is highly desired
- P-12 teaching license in special education or closely related teaching license field preferred
- Board Certified Applied Behavior Analyst Certificate or other closely related specialization is preferred
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance