Number of hours per week: 37.5
Months per year: Academic (9 months)
Campus: Main Campus
Position Number: 075440
Advertised Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pay Basis: Monthly
The Psychology Department of Tennessee State University, a Historically Black University (HBCU), invites applications for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor position in Counseling Psychology to begin August 2018.
The ideal candidate will work collaboratively within a team of psychologists with a focus on our M.S. and APA-accredited Ph.D. programs in Counseling Psychology and will be student-focused. They should be able to show evidence of strong skills in statistics and research methodology, as well as cultural competence.
Demonstrated research interest and/or experience in diverse, marginalized, or underrepresented populations preferred.
Applicants should document a current research program (or demonstrate the potential for developing such a program) and their experience supervising graduate students clinical and research work. Teaching responsibilities will primarily be graduate courses in counseling psychology based upon the candidate’s areas of expertise and departmental need. The applicant should also indicate an enthusiasm for teaching undergraduate psychology courses. Other responsibilities include supervision of theses, dissertations and practicum and service involvement at the department, college, university, professional, and public levels.
1. Earned Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program (ABD considered with evidence the doctorate will be earned by the August 2018 start date).
2. Eligibility to hold or possession of a current license as a Psychologist in State of Tennessee.
3. Evidence of a professional identity as a counseling psychologist.
4. Evidence of an active research program or evidence of potential excellence in scholarly work.
5. Evidence of the potential for excellence in teaching.
6. Evidence of the ability to mentor graduate students.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
1. Willingness to assist in program assessment, development, and accreditation/designation.
2. Working knowledge of psychology accreditation and licensure standards (APA accreditation, state licensure for psychologist).
3. Interest in social justice and advocacy.
How to apply
You will be required to provide names and contact information for three recommenders during your application to the posting. If you are approved for the candidate pool, our online hiring system will automatically generate solicitation for these letters using contact information you provided.
The letters should be returned via the link provided in the solicitation of the recommendation and must be current and specific to the job posting. Letters of recommendation may not be provided from a general dossier.
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check as mandated by Tennessee State University.
Official transcripts for positions which require a post-secondary undergraduate degree, advanced degree and/or certification must be presented upon hire.
An unofficial transcript may be attached in the “Transcript” section.
Requisition Number: 3141
Tennessee State University offers eligible employees a competitive benefits package that includes annual leave (vacation), sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, flexible benefits plans and more.