Requisition Number: 171247
Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position ofAssistant/Associate Professor of Literacy, Language, and Culture to join us in our quest toward becoming a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. The ideal candidate for the position will have expertise in several of the following areas: language arts/writing, early/emergent language acquisition, assessment and instruction for struggling readers, English language learners, digital literacy, large-scale assessment, and literacy policy.
The Department of Literacy, Language and Culture at Boise State University seeks applicants with extensive knowledge and a record of research for tenure-track positions as Assistant/Associate Professors to begin Fall 2018. Our Department offers graduate courses leading to an MA in Literacy and MEd in Bilingual or ESL education. Additionally, we support the College of Education by offering Literacy and Bilingual/ENL cognates for the EdD program as well as undergraduate courses in literacy and TESOL.
All faculty in the Department of Literacy, Language, and Culture (LLC) have the opportunity to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses offered at either the Boise State University main Campus, or through extension teaching at regional sites, day and/or evening or on-line.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students; supervise student teachers in support of the teacher education program.
- Conduct an active research agenda.
- Work with teacher preparation programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in LLC, the College of Education, and the university.
- Play an active role in service to the department, college, university and community.
At a minimum, all applicants should have:
- Doctorate in related field by August, 2018
- Knowledge of and respect for cultural diversity
- Extensive record of, or demonstrated potential for, research and publications
- 3-5 years of experience teaching K-8 populations
- Demonstrated potential to secure external funding
The preferred candidates will have:
- Experience conducting research: in U.S. public schools (EC-12), with diverse populations
- A certificate (or qualifications to obtain a certificate) to teach in U.S. public schools
- Expertise in qualitative and/or quantitative research methodologies
- Evidence of, and interest in, collaboration. Our work is founded on collaboration within the department, across the college, and with K-12 partnerships
- Potential for future leadership
- Evidence of a growing research trajectory
- Success generating extramural funding
Salary and benefits: Boise State University salary schedule, excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, retirement plan, reduced tuition benefits, as well as other benefits.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a CV; a one-page research statement clearly outlining your agenda and plans for the future; three letters of reference with contact information; and unofficial transcripts (Official transcripts will be required prior to appointment).
If you have any questions about this position, please email Dr. Eun Hye Son, Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com.
Applications received by November 15, 2017 will be given first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool.
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
Boise State University is a smoke free campus.