The Department of Politics and European Studies seeks a broadly trained political scientist to teach courses in political science and European studies. The candidate should also be able to offer a course on research methods. A record of securing external funding will be an advantage. The teaching load is six courses per academic year. Early career academics are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Ph.D. by the time of appointment (or ABD with a designated date of completion before 1 September 2018) in political science, European studies, or a related field;
- Experience teaching college-level political science courses in English;
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching;
- Research publications commensurate with experience;
- Teaching experience in a liberal arts environment or willingness to adapt to the American liberal arts style of teaching;
- A collegial attitude;
- A willingness to collaborate with other colleagues on campus in a variety of extra-curricular activities (e.g., internships, civic engagement, Model EU).
The American University in Bulgaria is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
This position is subject to funding approval.
How to apply
To apply, candidates should submit a letter of application outlining teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, brief writing sample, student evaluations, and the names of three professional references with contact information. Further materials may be requested at a later date. Only applications that are complete and submitted electronically to POS@aubg.edu will be considered. Applicants should indicate that they are applying for the position in the subject line of their e-mail. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.