The Project and Portfolio VII: Game Design course combines hands-on learning experiences with summative and formative portfolio assessments. This course serves as the final checkpoint for students’ culminating work in the program. In this course, students will put the finishing touches on their digital project, preparing it for submission to festivals and release to the general public. Associate Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning by ensuring excellence in teaching skills and classroom content, student-centered focus, and maintain curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and feedback practices.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: May oversee lab specialists to ensure integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.Competencies:
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Design, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Unity 5, C#, Game Design, Level Design, and Perforce
- Working experience with developing the design of a video game, and in pitching project ideas successfully
- Teaching experience online and on campus
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.