NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position Category: Staff – Full-Time
The College of Engineering & Technology invites applicants for the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The college consists of nine (9) departments with over 4,700 students, 101 degrees and growing. The successful candidate will oversee various academic-related activities. Responsibilities include:
- Undergraduate/Graduate programs reviews and approvals
- Engaged Curricula
- Assessment and accreditation of programs (i.e. college coordination)
- Faculty hiring coordination, evaluation, promotion, tenure, sabbatical, leave of absence, and retirement
- Faculty mentoring and professional development
- Faculty/Staff/Alumni/Advisory-Board/Tech Recognition Awards
- Special programs (e.g. advancement of women faculty and staff)
- Government industrial consulting and research activities
- IT activities
- Space and Scheduling Issues
Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology related fields from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of university and college policies, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of college academic affairs.
- Knowledge of assessment and accreditation.
- Successful administrative skills and experience.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skills in developing a positive working relationship with others within the department, school, students and university campus-wide.
- Skills in developing high functioning teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment; and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Advertisement Number: STA79718 College of Tech/Computing Staff 06/15/2018
How to apply
Review Start Date: 05/23/2018
Close Date: 6/15/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date.” This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/6746
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.