Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking an Associate Dean of Nursing. The Associate Dean of Nursing is a full-time member of the University staff who is responsible for supporting the operational needs, strategic direction, and initiatives of Southern New Hampshire University. The Associate Dean reports to the CNA/ Executive Director and will lead a team of Faculty Leads, Clinical Faculty and/or staff, as assigned. The Associate Dean possesses knowledge of the programs in nursing education and is able to support the implementation of activities related to learner and faculty success.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
* Maintain successful programs and curriculum in nursing
* Lead initiatives to support learner, faculty, and graduate success, and resolve issues
* Deliver coaching, mentoring, and remediation efforts to ensure faculty excellence
* Support accreditation standards, policy development, and compliance efforts
* Engage in academic governance processes
* Display effective verbal and written communication skills
* Collaborate with internal team and external stakeholders
* Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth and the development of a community nursing presence
* Doctoral degree in nursing or related discipline; Master’s in nursing required
* Three years of related experience working in nursing education
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in online education
* Knowledge of accreditation standards
* Unencumbered, multi-state registered nursing licensure
* Ability to seek additional licenses as required by the needs of the program
* Specialty area of nursing certification preferred; i.e., CNE
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!