Salary for Announcement
The salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
SoE – School of Ed
Full Time Administrators
The School of Education (SOE) at Metropolitan State University of Denver invites applications for a full-time Associate Dean to begin January 2018 or earlier.
Works closely with the Dean and each SOE Department Chair, Faculty, and Staff to realize the vision, the mission, and the goals of the School. Helps shape the direction of the School of Education by collaborating with the Dean in all phases of personnel and resource planning. This involves consulting about daily management of three academic departments in which 11 licensure programs are housed. This management includes: 1) Assist the Dean in personnel matters including faculty affairs (ADA issues, staffing, scheduling, and evaluation). 2) Assist the Dean with supervision and evaluation of staff. 3) Assist the Dean with student issues including grade appeal requests, grievances, standards of conduct, Title IX investigations, and degree exceptions. 4) Assist the Dean in recruiting and retaining diverse students and faculty. 5) Oversee and direct all assessment efforts. 6) Oversee and direct all accreditation and program review efforts. 7) Represent the SOE on various university committees. 8) Oversee curriculum development, review, and implementation. 9) Assist the Dean with Community outreach to P-12 schools to develop sustainable partnerships and develop community-based research projects. 10) Teach one class per year if needed.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
1) Terminal degree in Education/related field.
2) Experience providing leadership.
3) Experience providing supervision and performance management for faculty and staff.
4) Must have demonstrated experience conducting program evaluation and assessment.
5) Experience developing, reviewing and implementing curriculum.
1) At least three years successful academic administrative experience at the level of department chair or above.
2) Experience in urban higher education demonstrating the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
3) Knowledge of and experience with assessment and accreditation processes.
4) Successful experience in developing undergraduate and/or graduate programs.
5) Experience effectively mediating student concerns.
6) Experience supervising and managing faculty and staff.
7) Demonstrable record of successful outreach to and retention of students and faculty of color.
8) Experience with curriculum from a perspective that includes diverse students and first generation students.
9) Demonstrable record of community engagement, e.g., outreach to K-12 schools, partnerships for community-based research projects, service learning courses, etc.
10) Demonstrated knowledge of and dedication to undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning.
11) Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
12) Meets qualifications for tenure in one of the SOE departments.
13) Experience and knowledge of national and state accreditation standards.
For tenure requirements for the departments in the School of Education, please cut and paste the the links below into a web browser to review the standards for the relevant department.
Elementary Education and Literacy:
Secondary, K-12, and Educational Technology:
Special Education, Early Childhood and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education:
For the related fields for the School of Education please cut and paste the link below into a web browser, scroll down to the Related fields for Faculty Appointment section and click on the School of Education Related Fields:
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.
How to apply
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenver.edu.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
In order for your application to be considered complete you must submit copies of transcripts. If you are unable to submit them at the time of application please submit them, by the closing date, via e-mail to Deborah Horan at email@example.com.