SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by October 16, 2017.
POSITION: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: August 20, 2018
The successful candidate for this position will teach lecture and laboratory components for undergraduate biochemistry courses as well as teaching lecture and laboratory components for general, organic and biochemistry courses for allied health. This position will also assist in the teaching, preparation and coordination of assigned courses, assist in curriculum development to maintain a Biochemistry program in keeping with ASBMB standards, pursue scholarly activities that include mentoring undergraduate students in biochemical research, seek funding for curriculum development and/or research individually or collaboratively, participate in departmental and university committees and in community service, and advise and mentor students.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biological Chemistry or Chemical Biology (degree must be completed by June 30, 2018, and received in the Human Resources office by August 20, 2018)
- Demonstrated experience teaching Chemistry and/or Biochemistry.
- A strong biochemistry expertise complementary to present biochemistry faculty who have research expertise in medicinal chemistry, molecular biophysics and molecular genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach modern Biochemistry and Chemistry.
- Post-doctoral, grant writing, or other experiences that demonstrate potential for the development of a viable research program involving undergraduates at MSU, Mankato complementary to current biochemistry faculty.
- College level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
- Ability to work as a vested member of the department.
- Demonstrated commitment to university service and community outreach.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Interest and ability to work with a highly diverse student population with a wide range of academic skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Ms. Christine Cords, Office Manager
Department of Chemistry and Geology
Minnesota State University, Mankato
241 Ford Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/jobopp.html. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) all completed undergraduate and graduate degrees
- A written description of teaching philosophy, research interests, and proposal for undergraduate research projects, not to exceed 5 pages
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.