Job Number: MAL0000972
Primary Location: Malcolm X College
BIOLOGY FACULTY PART-TIMEMALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking Part-Time Faculty to teach Biology courses for its growing student population dedicated to a career in Health Sciences and Nursing. We are seeking qualified instructors with a strong education in Biology who can teach one (or more) of the following areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Biology
- Human Biology
- General and Advanced Biology
The ideal candidate will utilize highly effective teaching strategies that meet students diverse needs and have a passion for teaching and learning along with a strong commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college.
- Design course syllabi to meet learning outcomes, and promote students active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to attaining student learning outcomes.
- Help students reach their academic and career goals conveying confidence in every student s ability to learn.
- Contribute to the academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master’s degree in Biology or related discipline
- Demonstrate teaching competence in a variety of biology courses
- Community college teaching experience, preferred
- Experience developing laboratory-based general biology courses
- Knowledge of the Blackboard Learning Management System
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!