Posting Number SF0957P
Position Type Professional/Salaried
Department Science in Motion – Troy
Division College of Education
Location Troy – T01
The AMSTI/ASIM program at Troy University is seeking a qualified master teacher to work as a Biology Specialist with the Alabama Science in Motion Project. The position is responsible for the daily operations of the biology component of Science in Motion, including visits to high school biology classrooms in the Troy In-Service Region; and on-going documentation of equipment usage.
1. Alabama Teaching certificate in Biology or General Science and certified to teach Biology at the high school level
2. Strong content background in biology (including appropriate laboratory safety procedures)
3. Minimum of three years of experience teaching biology
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with administrators, teachers, and students
5. Modern computer skills
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Demonstrated workshop leadership skills
8. Demonstrated interest in science outreach programs and activities
9. Must have a valid driver license
10. Completion of all available ASIM training
1. Master’s degree in Biology or General Science
Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?
Driving is a primary responsibility
To be determined
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
Ability to climb in and out of ASIM truck
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position is funded by external sponsor agency. Troy University is under no obligation to maintain this position if funding from external source is reduced or ceased.
How to apply
Solicit References Through the System?
Qualified applications will be made available to the department/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Status: Full-Time
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?: No
Open Until Filled: Yes