The Chair of Global Healthcare Programs is a significant leadership position in the College of Health Sciences. This 11-month full-time tenure-track faculty position will teach graduate and undergraduate courses in his/her area of expertise. Classes are primarily online with hybrid and face-to-face teaching options available. This faculty member will serve as the Program Chair for the global (online) undergraduate and graduate programs in Healthcare Management and Administration, respectively.
Additionally, this faculty member will work closely with the College Dean to ensure quality of curriculum and other program-related items. The Program Chair will also work with the global enrollment and admissions team, business-to-business professional, and the university marketing team to recruit and retain students and to engage with the community for corporate and other professional partnerships.
The successful Chair will work with the necessary individuals and offices to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Carry an annual load of 36 hours to include teaching and administrative duties, specifics of which can be negotiated with the Dean of the College of Health Sciences dependent upon the needs of the Global Healthcare programs.
- Work closely with the Dean and meet regularly for discussion and decision-making regarding College- and/or program-related issues.
- Oversee the existing Global Healthcare programs and develop proposals for new programs when warranted.
- Oversee the scheduling of courses for global undergraduate and graduate healthcare programs.
- Oversee assigning of courses to faculty and adjuncts for global undergraduate and graduate healthcare courses.
- Oversee partnerships that are specific to the Global Healthcare programs.
- Network with LETU constituencies for promotion of the Global Healthcare programs and for the development of additional corporate partnerships.
- Evaluate faculty and adjuncts annually who teach in the Global Healthcare programs.
- Collect data for institutional effectiveness reports to be submitted annually for Global Healthcare programs.
- Manage curriculum revisions and updates, and the development of new courses for the Global Healthcare programs.
- Oversee textbook submissions for Global Healthcare programs.
- Travel as needed for expansion of the Global Healthcare programs.
- Work with the LETU Global Enrollment and the LETU Marketing team to implement strategies for recruitment and retention of students in line with the Global Strategic Enrollment Plan.
- Work with Global Healthcare academic advisors and the office of the Dean to ensure that students are provided with accurate course rotations and sequences for degree mapping.
- Manage other duties related to the Global Healthcare programs, including but not limited to: annual catalog revisions, communication with students regarding events, student academic issues, etc.
The successful Program Chair is a person with an enthusiastic and contagious Christian faith who is committed to Christian higher education that integrates faith with learning. This individual has:
- An earned doctorate from a regionally-accredited institution in Healthcare Administration or a related degree.
- Proven ability of successful college teaching, including undergraduate and graduate courses, and teaching non-traditional students.
- Proven ability to teach effectively online.
- Ability to network effectively and work collaboratively with public and private facilities in Texas in order to develop the undergraduate and graduate programs to their fullest potential.
- Experience in industry to contribute to both the classroom environment and the partnership potential of LETU with other corporations.
- Proven ability to manage and develop academic programs.
- Proven ability to conduct academic research in his/her discipline.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, colleagues, and administrators.
DATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE: Immediately
ABOUT LETOURNEAU UNIVERSITY:
LeTourneau University is the premier Christian polytechnic university in the nation where educators engage students to nurture Christian virtue, develop competency and ingenuity in their professional fields, integrate faith and work, and serve the local and global community.
LETU is a Christ-centered, interdenominational institute of higher learning offering more than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts and sciences, aviation, business & technology, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education, engineering, nursing, psychology & counseling and theology & vocation. LETU’s 2,700 students represent nearly all 50 states, more than 30 foreign countries, and around 50 different denominational groups. In addition to residential programs at the main campus in Longview, Texas, students are enrolled in a robust suite of online programs, as well as innovative hybrid programs in the Dallas and Houston areas.
LETU is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges,” and the engineering program is ranked nationally. LeTourneau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org) to award associate, baccalaureate and master’s degrees. LeTourneau University’s engineering and engineering technology programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 – telephone: 410-347-7700. The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University as a Master’s (Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub city with an MSA of over 190,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested hills and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled.
In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
How to apply
Applications are required and are available from www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Business Office, LeTourneau University, 2100 Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX. Send inquiries, completed electronic application, copies of graduate transcripts and a current CV to: E-mail address: GerrieForbis@letu.edu
Dr. Steven D. Mason, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, LeTourneau University
P.O. Box 7001, Longview, Texas 75607-7001
FAX (903) 233-3259 Web Address: www.letu.edu
Send Electronic inquiries and applications to E-mail address: GerrieForbis@letu.edu