Primary Responsibilities: Provide dynamic collegial leadership to a successful, progressive department with a dedicated faculty and staff. Fulfill the role and responsibilities of a chairperson as defined in the Faculty Handbook, including officially representing the department’s interests on- and off-campus, evaluating faculty and staff, managing budgets, providing curricular leadership, and ensuring that the needs of students are met.
Chairperson Assignment: The successful candidate will be granted tenure upon appointment. Rank (associate or full professor) will be determined based upon applicant’s qualifications. Teaching in the department will be six credit hours per regular term. Applicants with expertise in any area of accounting will be considered. Practical experience and a CPA designation will be viewed favorably.
- Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Minimum of five years full-time teaching and research experience in a program accredited by AACSB
- Ongoing scholarly program consistent with being judged Academically Qualified under AACSB accreditation standards
- Demonstrated highly effective teaching
- Demonstrated service to the university, accounting profession, academic organizations, and business community
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of faculty morale and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multicultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
Southeast Missouri State University is interested in recruiting academic leaders with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education grounded in the teacher-scholar model. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to facilitate the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Departmental Information: The Department of Accounting is the academic home to seventeen fulltime faculty members covering the areas of accounting, business law, computer applications and management information systems, and decision sciences. There are more than 350 undergraduate students majoring in Accounting and another 20 graduate students pursuing the Accounting option under the MBA program. The department has strong relations with the accounting profession, both regionally and in the greater St. Louis metropolitan area. Information regarding the Department of Accounting can be found at http://semo.edu/accounting/.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2018 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 1, 2017.
How to apply
To apply, submit the following items online by clicking on the position you wish to apply for at the below link, then click on the APPLY button at the top of the page: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing required position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name and contact information of three professional references
Department representative will be attending the annual meeting of the American Accounting Association, August 5-9 in San Diego, CA, to interact with prospective applicants.