Salary for Announcement
Approximately $77, 000
MTH – Computer Science
FT Faculty-10 mo with benes
Metropolitan State University of Denver in the Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences is seeking applications for two tenure-track Computer Science faculty positions to begin August 2019.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
- Teach 12 hours per semester of undergraduate courses in an ABET accredited computer science program, including evenings on a consistent basis.
- Advise a diverse student body through the academic program.
- Participate in course and program development.
- Pursue scholarly and professional activities appropriate for the undergraduate teaching mission of the university.
- Teach a broad range of lower and upper division undergraduate computer science courses.
- Work with, and be sensitive to the educational needs of, a diverse urban population.
- Perform university and professional service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department chair.
Doctorate in Computer Science or related field completed by August 1, 2019.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated commitment and effectiveness in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated commitment and effectiveness in scholarly work.
- Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, student veterans, and English-language learners.
Close on Closing Date
How to apply
In order to be considered as an applicant for this position, you must apply via the online application system https://www.msudenverjobs.com/
IMPORTANT: Applicants are REQUIRED to attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the online application. The cover letter needs to address the applicant’s expertise to the qualifications listed in the posting.
REQUIRED ADDITIONAL APPLICATION MATERIALS: In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant must have a complete file with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts (the selected candidate will have to submit official transcripts upon offer.) If you are unable to attach copies of transcripts at the time application please submit them to email@example.com by or before the deadline date.
- Teaching Statement-Submit under ‘Teaching Philosophy.’
- If available student evaluations and/or peer reviews, submit under ‘other documents’ If not available write N/A in the field.
- Scholarly Activities (complete description) submit under ‘writing sample’
- Three letters of recommendation to be submitted through the link below: https://msudenver.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6RTBC6QYPm5joj3
- If there are any questions regarding the submission of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-615-0299.
All application materials must be received by closing date, midnight MST on December 3, 2018. Any application received after this date will not be considered.