NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University invites applications for the position of Chair, Department of Pediatrics. This position is charged with the growth and development of clinical, teaching and research excellence of the department. The Chair reports to the Dean and will serve as the department’s academic and administrative leader, providing direction in educational programs; faculty recruitment, retention and development; budget management and oversight; research; and strategic planning.
The Chair serves as Co-Medical Director of the Children’s Hospital of Georgia (CHOG). Opened in 1998, the 154 bed children’s hospital includes neonatal and pediatric intensive care units, a pediatric emergency department, a full complement of pediatric medical and surgical services, and serves as the primary clinical environment for the education of our students and residents and trials for our research investigators.
Candidates must hold an MD, DO, MD/PhD or DO/PhD degree, current certification by the American Board of Pediatrics, eligible for licensure in the state of Georgia and academic accomplishments that merit tenured appointment at the rank of professor. The ideal candidate will be an academic pediatrician with a distinguished record of clinical care and teaching with national stature. She/he will have demonstrated success as a leader in a department or division of pediatrics, of an interdisciplinary institute, or of an academic entity of comparable size and scope. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- A national reputation as an academic leader
- Experience in the development and successful implementation of new clinical programs and services while growing existing pediatric services.
- A successful track record of recruitment, retention and development of faculty, trainees, staff and students.
- A record of solid performance as a skilled leader with the ability to grow revenues, meet budgets, and measure and improve productivity and quality outcomes.
- A proven track record of working collaboratively across clinical disciplines as well as with senior management and children’s hospital leadership.
- Ability to drive and partner on philanthropic activities.
- Appreciation of the need to be involved in the greater community, especially related to promoting the Children’s Hospital of Georgia.
- A commitment to advancing the research initiatives within the department, especially related to fellowship programs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidate materials should include a letter of interest and complete curriculum vitae.
How to apply
On behalf of the Search Committee Co-Chairs, Sylvia B. Smith, PhD and Walter L. Pipkin, MD, applications, nominations and inquiries will be received electronically by Sharon Wingard, Executive Search Consultant, Augusta University at email@example.com.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.