Position: Department Chair of Sport Management Program
Shorter University, Rome, Georgia
Department: Sport Management in the Ledbetter College of Business
Type of Position: Full Time
About Shorter University:
Shorter University’s mission is to advance God’s Kingdom through a commitment to academic excellence, spiritual growth, Christian leadership, and global service within the context of a biblical worldview. Our motto, “Transforming Lives through Christ”, guides Shorter’s exceptional academic programs, vibrant campus atmosphere, and Christ-centered community.
The Ledbetter College of Business offers an A.A. degree in Sport Management, B.B.A. in Sport Management and MBA with a concentration in Sport Management. The Sport Management Department also offers a minor for Shorter students seeking a major in another academic area. The Sport Management Department maintains one of the largest programs on campus and the largest in the College of Business. The Sport Management Department has received numerous awards over the years including:
· TheBestColleges.org placed the program in the top 5 Online Associate degrees in 2017
· CollegeChoice.net Ranked Shorter’s Sport Management 9th for Best Online Sport Management Degree
· BestCollegeReview.org ranked the Sports Management in the top 15
· SportManagementDegreeHub.com ranked the MBA Sport Management program 4th out of the top ten programs.
The Shorter University Ledbetter College of Business Department of Sport Management invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in sport management beginning August 2018 at the Assistant/Associate Professor level. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses, online and traditional, across the sport management curriculum. The successful candidate should have broad credentials to cover a multitude of sport management courses. In the chair’s role, this position will teach 9 credits per semester (3 courses per).
This candidate will also serve as the Sport Management Chair over the undergraduate SPM and Graduate MBA: SPM program. Duties include but not limited to the following: Curriculum development, assessment, oversight of degree programs, scheduling of courses, internship placement/collaboration, advising, and ability to grow/expand programs.
– An earned doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D) in Sport Management, or a closely related field, by the time of appointment is required.
– A solid understanding of the Shorter University mission and acceptance of the Personal Lifestyle Statement found on our website.
– Experience teaching in the traditional classroom and online delivery system.
– Enthusiastic Leader who can bring energy to the team, and serve as a mentor for the students.
– Community involvement: This individual will be expected to dive into Rome and surrounding areas with the ability to expand partnerships and relationships.
– A mind for growth and expansion.
Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
How to apply
Send PDF of the following required documents
– Curriculum Vitae
– Letter of interest
– Unofficial transcripts
– Professional References
Please contact Dr. Heath Hooper, Dean of the College of Business, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the position.
Transforming Lives through Christ