NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department Chair, Speech Language Pathology
College of Health Professions
The College of Health Professions at Mercer University invites applications for an innovative leader to serve as the inaugural chair of the Department of Speech Language Pathology. Located in the College of Health Professions in Atlanta, Georgia, the newly-formed department will join established programs in Physician Assistant Studies, Physical Therapy, Public Health, Clinical Psychology, and Athletic Training.
Under direction of the Dean of the College of Health Professions, the Chair is responsible for the development and leadership of the Department of Speech Language Pathology in the areas of accreditation; curriculum; faculty recruitment and development; student recruitment, admissions, and development; program evaluation; quality improvement; strategic planning; and budget management. The Chair will also be involved in teaching, scholarly activities, and service to the College, University, and community.
- Doctoral degree required from an accredited institution; graduate degree with a major emphasis in speech language pathology, in audiology, or in speech, language, and hearing science required.
- Evidence of visionary leadership and/or administration of an academic Speech Language Pathology program.
- Record of establishing and enhancing relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Experience in maintaining accreditation of an academic program and/or experience in accreditation activities with the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology.
- Evidence of individual academic success through promotion in rank to associate professor/professor or eligibility for promotion.
- Evidence of sustained record of excellence in teaching, research and scholarly productivity, and service.
- Eligibility for Georgia License to practice speech-language pathology and/or audiology based on proper qualifications (CCC-SLP/CCC-A).
Mercer University is a private university that has 8,600 students; 1,600 faculty and staff; 12 schools and colleges; major campuses in Macon, Atlanta, and Savannah, Georgia; and three regional academic centers across the state. The Atlanta campus is situated on over 250 wooded acres and is located 12 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Commensurate with experience
CV, Cover Letter, References
How to apply
Special Instructions to Applicants
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should apply online at https://jobs.mercer.edu. Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Leslie Taylor, Associate Dean, [email protected].