The Department of Foreign Languages at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applicants for anticipated full-time, and temporary faculty position for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Teach elementary, intermediate, and advanced Japanese and Korean.
Examples of Duties:
Fluency in Japanese and Korean. A master’s degree in Foreign Languages, Education, or a related field are required. Ph.D. is preferred. Ongoing research and publications appropriate to one’s area of specialty are expected, and teaching or field experience is preferred.
The department seeks candidates whose teaching, research, or services has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well during the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public.
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
Supplemental Information:If you are a PASSHE Faculty member that has received a notice of retrenchment and applying for consideration under Article 29 of the Agreement between APSCUF and the PASSHE, please send a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Dr. Michael Driscoll, President, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Sutton Hall, Room 201, 1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa 15705 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
All other applications for this position must be submitted via our online application system at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iupedu and must be received by April 8, 2018.
A complete application will consist of a letter of application, a current curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names and email addresses of three references. Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
If the degree listed as required for this position was earned at IUP – no unofficial transcripts are required to be submitted as part of this employment application. IUP-HR will verify IUP obtained degrees and only request official transcripts from candidates if needed. Official transcripts will be required prior to hire date for applicants who did not earn the required degree(s) at IUP.
Only complete applications will be considered and application review will continue until position is filled. Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.