The Department of Nursing and Allied Health Professions at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for anticipated full-time and/or part-time temporary positions at the Instructor level for the 2017-2018 academic year. IUP offers a CoARC accredited program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care. The successful candidate(s) will be assigned to the Northpointe regional campus, may be assigned to work at off campus sites and/or provide instruction through distance education.
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to teach a variety of undergraduate courses throughout the curriculum (including instruction in the didactic, laboratory, and clinical setting), engage in scholarly work in the field and participate in related university and community services.
Examples of Duties:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in respiratory care;
- Hold a valid Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) credential and current state license;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience;
- A master’s degree in a related discipline.
- An established record of accomplishment in teaching, scholarship, and service.
The department is interested in candidates who have communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public.
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
If you are a PASSHE Faculty member that has received a notice of retrenchment and applying for consideration under Article 29 of the Agreement between APSCUF and the PASSHE, please send a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Dr. Michael Driscoll, President, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Sutton Hall, Room 201, 1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa 15705 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
All other applications for this position must be submitted via our online application system at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iupedu and must be received by September 25, 2017.
A complete application will consist of a letter of application, a current curriculum vitae, a copy of all unofficial transcripts (candidates invited for campus interview must provide official transcripts at the time of interview), documentation of a valid RRT credential, documentation of a current state license, and the names and email addresses for three references. Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
If the degree listed as required for this position was earned at IUP – no unofficial transcripts are required to be submitted as part of this employment application. IUP-HR will verify IUP obtained degrees and only request official transcripts from candidates if needed later in the hiring process. Official transcripts will be required prior to hire date for applicants who did not earn the required degrees at IUP.
Temporary faculty who were employed with IUP in Spring 2017 only need to submit an updated resume with the application..
Only complete applications will be considered and application review will continue until position is filled. Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.