Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader to serve as Chair for the Department of Agriculture. The successful candidate will provide vision and leadership that upholds the Department’s tradition of excellence in teaching, research, extension/outreach, and service. Preferred qualifications include experience teaching, leading and experience as an academic administrator (e.g., department chair, program coordinator or center director). The Department of Agriculture which is located in the College of Business and Technology, consists of 210 students and offers two and four-year degrees with various concentrations in Agriculture and Horticulture, as well as pre-veterinarian and agricultural education programs. For more information, visit http://www.agriculture.eku.edu/. The Chair reports directly to the Dean of the College of Business and Technology.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Hold an earned doctorate in an Agriculture-related field
- Meet the requirements for appointment with tenure at the rank of professor.
Minimum Experience Qualifications
- Have a record of excellence in teaching, a commitment to and a record of productive research, and service.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage budget and personnel issues
- Provide strategic planning and vision.
- Have communication and leadership abilities to foster strong working relationships among students, faculty, staff and agricultural stakeholders.
- Have an understanding of regional, national and global agriculture.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills in building cooperative and collaborative relationships both with the University’s and College’s other academic units and with units external to the University.
How to apply
Review of applications will continue to accept applications until the ideal candidate is found.