NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: Academic Inits & Stdnt Success (9932)
Location: Main Campus
Arizona Online, a unit under the division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management | Academic Initiatives and Student Success seeks a Digital Marketing Specialist to join it’s team. Under supervision of the Assistant Director of Arizona Online- Marketing, the Digital Marketing Specialist- Graduate Programs is responsible for the development, implementation, tracking and optimization of marketing campaigns across all digital channels that support the goals of the University of Arizona Online and the online graduate programs. Predominately, the Digital Marketing Specialist will help execute the integration of digital marketing efforts into the team’s overall marketing campaigns that drive enrollment, retention and student success. The ideal candidate is a self-starting, enthusiastic and driven professional looking to advance their career in digital marketing. He or she is comfortable communicating with faculty, senior leadership and other marketing team members. They will be able to work directly with web development, content and creative teams and have a high level of interest in graduate level education. Work may include evening/weekend hours.
SAEM/AISS supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The candidate chosen for this position will be expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with Colleges and Departments to discuss marketing initiatives and enrollment goals
- Create a collaborative marketing plan with program partners within the Graduate College
- Present marketing plans and campaign performance
- Brief the creative team who will produce the marketing assets
- Negotiate with internal partners, engage in problem solving and ensure deadlines are met
- Check and reports on campaign progress
- Maintain good working relationships with campus partners
- Manage the program’s budget
- Work with supervisor to meet program goals and obtain project results
Campaign Setup & Measurement:
- Assist Arizona Online Marketing Management team in integrating digital tactics into overall marketing plans for clients/partners
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Provide project schedules and determine when tasks/tactics associated to campaigns should be performed
- Use Google Analytics and AdWords to identify trends and insights, and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights
- Collaborate internally with partners to assist with data collection
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Use web analytics tools to measure website and social traffic to better optimize email marketing, social media and display and search advertising
- Use analysis to develop insights and provide recommendations for lead generation and monitor conversions
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) of overall integrated campaigns
- Drive the implementation of sustainable marketing analytics practices and systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of faculty and staff colleagues
- Experience in managing digital advertising and/or social media campaigns
- Highly strategic with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics Certification)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, AND five years in the marketing field; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- Higher Education experience
- Client Service experience
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job Category: Administrative and Professional
Benefits Eligible: Yes – Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $50,000- $60,000 Annually DOE
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Number: A22789
Contact Information for Candidates
Mayumi De La Ree
Open Until Filled: Yes
Review Begins On: 07/09/2018
How to apply
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please note: You will be required to provide contact information for a minimum of three professional references within your application. Should you be selected as a finalist for this position, your references may receive an automatic email. This email will ask your references to complete a brief questionnaire in regard to your suitability for the position as well as request the attachment of a letter of recommendation.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.