Under the leadership of the Vice Provost for Research/Dean of Graduate Studies, and in collaboration with university marketing leadership, the Director of Digital Marketing and Communications will be required to market the university’s graduate programs with the goal of effectively recruiting and enrolling an increased number of high quality, domestic and international graduate students. The incumbent will have a demonstrated ability to develop and enhance institutional online and social media presence and possesses a proven track record of utilizing the Salesforce CRM as the platform from which to do so. The director will work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management Information Systems for Graduate Studies to ensure intentional and strategic alignment between all marketing, recruiting and admissions efforts at the graduate level. The director will have a deep appreciation for the value of graduate education, an unmistakable entrepreneurial spirit and well demonstrated technological savvy and sophistication.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Utilizing Salesforce CRM and working closely with the Director of Enrollment Management Information Systems for Graduate Studies, ensure high-touch and efficient communication and interaction with prospective students, informed by well-constructed recruitment plans/schedules and well-planned recruitment events;
· Develop, execute and maintain communication plans to yield increasing numbers of completed admissions applications and percentages of enrollment conversions;
· Recommend, implement, leverage and effectively use technology and media to continuously enhance and advance recruitment activities;
· Collaborate with college deans and program directors in recruitment efforts and in identifying priority programming strategies;
· Collaborate with central marketing and program leadership to increase the University’s visibility and presence in local, state, national and international markets;
· Collaborate closely with the Director of Enrollment Management Information Systems for Graduate Studies and in conjunction with Institutional Research on the creation, generation, and presentation of dashboards, briefings, and reports to keep various University leaders and constituents apprised of target recruitment goals vis-à-vis actual enrollment performance;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree, a degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field strongly preferred, and a minimum of five-seven (5-7) years of previous work experience in marketing and communications, as well as student recruiting and achieving enrollment targets for graduate and/or professional school programs, preferably in a competitive higher education, non-profit or agency setting is required. Experience in digital marketing and a deep understanding of content marketing and social media outlets required. Knowledge of industry trends required and capacity to reach both broad and targeted audiences required.
· Demonstrated experience and success using Salesforce CRM technologies for prospect and applicant management; Demonstrated advanced knowledge of recruitment concepts, methods, principles, philosophies, and resources;
· Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop and execute graduate education recruitment plans;
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex organizational change;
· Ability to interact effectively with a wide audience of people including faculty, staff and upper level administration as well external constituents;
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Strong commitment to student and customer service.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University’s teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews:
How to apply
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
· Professional Union.
· Full time. Benefited.
· Unrestricted funding.
· Grade 34, salary associated to Grade 36 (see link below for salary chart).
Only Internal Professional Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 7 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Closing date for applications: January 22, 2018.