McNeese State University invites qualified applicants for the position of Director of E-Learning in the Office of E-Learning. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified staff position. The appointment begins June 11, 2018 or soon thereafter.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Director of E-Learning develops and implements e-learning strategies and initiatives to meet the University’s online enrollment goals. The director, collaborating with academic colleges and faculty, leads initiatives to position McNeese as an online education leader by designing, developing, and implementing innovative high quality online courses and programs. Collaborating with Marketing and Enrollment Management, the director creates marketing, recruitment, and retention strategies for online programs and learners. The director is responsible for the discovery, creation, testing, and implementation of current and new educational technologies as well as the training and support of faculty as it relates to educational technologies and online course delivery. The Director of E-Learning must build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders across campus including, but not limited to, academic colleges and departments, Enrollment Management, Marketing, and Information Technology.
Additionally, the director:
· Oversees all aspects of online education, including development, implementation, and management of online courses and programs, insuring enrollment management recruitment and retention metrics are created and met and online learning best practices are implemented consistently.
· Partners with academic colleges and faculty to plan and implement online educational programs for domestic and global markets.
· Manages private partnerships with external vendors who assist in the promotion and facilitation of the institution’s online degree programs.
· Collaborates with the Enrollment Management and Marketing teams to promote enrollment growth through effective marketing strategies and campaigns and to develop the market and enrollment analytics that will ensure such growth.
· Collaborates with academic departments to ensure online course offerings meet student demands and ensure timely degree progression and completion.
· Collaborates with Disability Services to develop and implement plans that address accessibility in online instruction.
· Ensures online course and program effectiveness through faculty professional development and implementation and auditing of quality assurance standards, such as Quality Matters.
· Plans and oversees the implementation of faculty professional development programs relating to best practices in online teaching and other academic initiatives to support student success and completion.
· Provides faculty support and training for all learning technologies administered by the institution (Moodle, Camtasia, BigBlueButton, Turnitin, Respondus, etc.).
· Serves as the front-end Moodle system administrator by providing support to faculty, collaborating with University Computing Services, researching functionality of the product, and implementing changes as needed.
· Manages and maintains compressed video (CV) training classroom and equipment and schedules proctoring services for CV meetings as needed.
· Provides guidance for institution’s e-learning policies.
· Researches and writes grant proposals as needed.
· Oversees the Office of E-Learning, including planning, budgeting, resource management, and program development.
· Motivates, leads, supervises, and evaluates Office of E-Learning staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management.
· Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
· Solid background in instructional design, online learning, and faculty development
· Well versed in a variety of online learning tools, including learning management systems, such as Moodle
· Demonstrable training in a course quality initiative, such as Quality Matters or OLC Quality Scorecard
· Knowledgeable of the needs of online learners
· Professionalism and self-direction within the context of complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders
· Ability to persuade potential uses of the benefits of technology in education
· Positive attitude, flexibility, and proven ability to work with diverse populations
· Successful management and supervisory experience
· Results-driven, strong faculty and student experience focus, and a commitment to collaborative teamwork
· Outstanding judgment and keen understanding of the motivations and needs of others
· High level of energy, enthusiasm, and motivation
· Effective written and oral communication, presentation, listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Problem-solving, analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills
· Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously and within designated deadlines
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
· Ability to manage multiple budgets and sources of funding to meet the enrollment goals of the University
· Ability to effectively motivate, manage, and supervise employees and student workers
· Master’s or doctoral degree in Instructional Design, Learning Technologies, or related field
· Experience with Moodle, Respondus 4.0, Respondus Monitor, Camtasia, Snagit, BigBlueButton, Turnitin, and compressed video systems
· Experience with Ellucian Banner
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
How to apply
For the application process, applicants should submit: 1) a letter of application detailing experience relevant to the position; 2) resume; 3) list of three professional references (include name, phone number, and e-mail address of each); and 4) copy of unofficial transcript indicating highest degree earned. Only completed application packets will be reviewed. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please submit the required documents to:
Alexis Courville, Committee Chair
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Phone: (337) 562-4249
Fax: (337) 562-4244
TDD: (337) 562-4227