Requisition Number: 06010
The West Virginia University School of Nursing is seeking applications for a Director of Marketing & Communications. This position is responsible for identifying, shaping, and managing the development of high-quality editorial content for the school’s internal and external communication needs.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Responsible for creation and implementation of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program.
- Create effective written and multimedia content for the School website, electronic communications, and social media.
- Develops, implements and monitors systems and procedures.
- Responsible for content, design, production and distribution of the school’s monthly e-newsletter.
- Ensures regular contact with target media, analyzes and prepares appropriate responses to inquiries from the general public, news media, student media, and members of the WVU Community.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in at least one of the following:
- news, communication, marketing, advertising or public relations program for a healthcare organization, college, news media organization, government agency, business or other large knowledge-based organization
- Interviewing, writing, and editing
- Media or Alumni relations
- Supervisory experience
- Web content creation, editing, or publishing
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential including ability to present concepts verbally
- Ability to create marketing pieces in a variety of media and formats
How to apply
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Under respresented class members are encouraged to apply. This includes: minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.