The faculty invites motivated and energetic applicants to be a part of a design program within a land-grant institution where faculty merge teaching, research/creative activity and service to the university and community. The College of Architecture and the Architecture Program within pursues an innovative design research curriculum in which faculty interests, evolving pedagogies, and engagement combine in a creative environment that balances experimentation with professional and environmental responsibility. Uniting degree programs in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Community & Regional Planning, and various minors including Product Design, the College promotes cross-disciplinary collaboration while maintaining a commitment to academic accreditation, student performance, and service to the future of its constituent professions. The Architecture Program consists of a collaborative first year emphasizing design thinking followed by a pre-professional Bachelor of Science in Design and a 2-year M. Arch degree. The Program also offers a 3-year M. Arch track and a research-based MS degree.
The College of Architecture at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln seeks accomplished and highly motivated candidates to build on the excellence achieved in the Architecture Program and contribute to the dynamic cross-disciplinary teaching and research environment. Candidates for this position should have a record of academic leadership, excellence in design teaching, and a record of outstanding creative activity and/or scholarship. As the Director of the Architecture Program, candidates will be responsible for providing an inclusive and progressive vision for the future development of the Program by building on the unique strengths of the faculty, students, undergraduate, and graduate programs. The Director will encourage faculty growth and promote cross-disciplinary collaboration within the College of Architecture and across the larger university, while advancing the reputation of the Program both nationally and internationally.
1. M. Arch; or B. Arch + advanced degree; or PhD related to architecture.
2. Tenure at the Associate or Full Professor level or a record of distinction within the profession
1. PhD or professional licensure (provide license number and state of issuance) in architecture.
2. Well-documented academic leadership in curriculum/faculty development, strategic planning, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
3. Recognized record of accomplishment in creative activity, scholarship and/or grant funded research in focus area; indicated in CV or portfolio of work.
4. Demonstrated record of excellence in design teaching.
Review of submissions will begin end of day February 1, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. The specific submission requirements to the College are listed below.
How to apply
Applicants must submit digital copies of::
1. A full curriculum vitae.
2. A portfolio exhibiting achieved excellence in the candidate’s area of research/creative activity, or a URL in lieu of an uploaded document in cases where the portfolio is larger than 9MB
3. A brief statement explaining their leadership approach in the administration of an academic program.
4. Contact information for three references (mail, telephone, and email)
For questions or accommodations related to this position contact Lori Bennett Baumli at 402-472-9215 or email@example.com.