Walden University seeks dynamic, innovative faculty for Contributing (Part-time) Faculty positions in the School of Health Sciences to teach courses and mentor graduate students to complete their dissertation in the Ph.D. Public Health program. The Ph.D. Public Health program involves online course work, face-to-face interactions with students at University academic residencies, and service to the School of Health Sciences and Walden University.
Faculty with teaching experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas are highly desired:
- Community Health Promotion and Education
- Health Administration
- Qualitative and/or Quantitative Research Design, Methodology, and Analysis
- Experience with Secondary data sets and analysis
Additional specializations considered include: expertise in health management and policy, social and behavioral health, environmental health and public health leadership and ethics. Skills in the use of various statistical software programs are a plus.
What to expect as a Walden faculty member:
Contributing faculty members serve in a part-time capacity to educate Walden University Students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in thoughtful, carefully formulated, well written, and timely communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of student, the Faculty Member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the Faculty Member is involved. Faculty Members are expected to adhere to all Walden University Faculty expectations, which are clearly set forth to the Faculty Member at the start of his/her employment with the University.
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques teaching, use of an electronic learning platform, specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.turnitin.com), and research supervision of theses and dissertations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Earned Doctorate in Public Health from an accredited institution OR an earned doctorate in a closely aligned discipline plus an MPH, both from accredited institutions.
- Teaching experience at the graduate-level, including service on thesis or dissertation supervisory committees. Dissertation service is preferred.
- Record of scholarly activity in public health.
- Evidence of compatibility with the Walden mission of positive social change, broad access and professional excellence and our values of quality, integrity and student-centeredness.
- Ability to work with students who are experienced, mid-career professionals. Access to computer equipment, and be comfortable and proficient in the electronic communication environment.
- Expertise and teaching experience in epidemiology, community health promotion and education, informatics and qualitative and/or quantitative research design, methodology, and analysis skills strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty members are required to have an adequate computer to handle an electronic learning platform, keyboard, pointing device, and computer monitor. All other tools are knowledge-based or training-based through Walden University. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.
Some travel may be required to attend academic residencies, National Faculty meetings and/or commencement activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.