Position Category: Faculty – Tenure Track (FT)
Under the direction of the Dean and the Chair, teaches undergraduate and graduate teacher education courses; supervises graduate students as they complete a master’s thesis in the Master of Education degree program; engages with school district, state, regional, and national policy discussions around impactful teaching, school administration and innovative practices; produces scholarly work; provides service to the university and community; supports collegiality; and upholds professional and ethical standards.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with an earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction or closely related field.
- Three years of successful K-12 public school teaching experience.
- Experience with embedded teacher preparation.
- Experience and commitment to university/public school partnerships
- Experience supporting graduate student research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of content and skills required to teach courses in educational policy and innovation to students in the teacher education program (School of Education).
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in teacher education and demonstrated ability to actively engage in policy discussions to improve K-12 student performance and impactful teacher preparation.
- Skills in managing a productive teaching/learning environment.
- Skills in working successfully with education policy makers to impact innovation and improvement in the profession.
- Skills in conducting educational research and seeking publication.
- Skills in mentoring graduate students to complete masters program thesis.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in impacting educational policy and innovation.
- Ability to teach effectively in a serious, inclusive, and engaged learning environment.
- Ability to communicate and relate positively with colleagues within and outside of the university including interaction with those serving on policy bodies.
- Ability to produce scholarly work directing improvement in the impact of teaching in the profession.
- Ability and willingness to serve on school and university committees.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to impact educational policy discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in productive support to educational systems and individuals.
The position requires the ability to frequently walk, stand, hear, see, speak, and fine hand manipulation.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: DOQ
Advertisement Number: FAC07517
How to apply
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1749
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.