Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Obstetrics Faculty. Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to use different teaching methods and to transmit information in a manner which is accessible and comprehensible to students
- Strong analytical skills including ability to think synthetically and analytically with the ability to communicate complicated information in a comprehensible manner.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online classrooms.
- Strong understanding of curriculum design and development and peer curriculum reviews.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively mentor and guide students.
- A respect for and ability to work with students.
- Ability to navigate Instructional tools, overhead projectors, computer assisted presentations, web based tools such as Loud Cloud.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values based education from a Christian perspective.
- Strong ability to compose written communications (when necessary in AP format) in a manner which ensures collective understanding.
- Strong understanding of student assessment of learning outcomes and how instructional efforts support the learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior congruent with GCU’s pillars and mission with a commitment to Christian ideals and philosophy.
- Participation in and/or support of the university’s programs in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Demonstrates through example the active support of the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of GCU.
- Ability to develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with committees, colleagues, faculty and administration.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, etc.)
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations which may also include a drug test.
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing.
- 2 years’ of direct patient care nursing experience.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- A respect for and ability to work with students, staff and other faculty.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Proficient in English Language.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can’t find a position that’s right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
How to apply
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered – anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.