Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Theology. For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies. Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Theology is seeking applicants for a philosophy and Christian worldview professor. This is a full time 9 month faculty contract to begin in August 2018. This position includes teaching philosophy, ethics, and Christian worldview courses in the College of Theology as well as course and program development. Position will require flexibility to teach both ground and online courses.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Conducts classes, teaching subjects which are relevant to the learning needs of the students and facilitates engaging individual and group instructional activities.
- Assists in developing and formulating the curriculum and new academic programs.
- Mentors students, engage in scholarly activities and participate in service activities.
- Assists students in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides students with substantive feedback and critical evaluation in a timely manner.
- Utilizes available technology for instruction, such as PowerPoint presentations, Loud Cloud (LMS), and other internet resources.
- Remains current in field(s) of expertise through ongoing, continuous learning; fulfills required faculty development sessions.
- Participates actively in department, college and university committees.
- May participate in research activities and/or collecting, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Strong preference for Ph.D or D.Min candidates. Master’s degree is required from an accredited institution in the area of biblical studies or biblical theology and will possess a strong academic background in either Hebrew/OT Studies or Greek/NT Studies.
- Teaching experience and consistent involvement with a local church are highly valued.
- All faculty in GCU’s College of Theology are required to sign and teach in accordance with the university’s Doctrinal and Ethical Positions Statements and the College of Theology Covenant.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can’t find a position that’s right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
How to apply
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered – anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.