Position Category: Faculty – Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University is seeking a Tenure Track Faculty member to teach in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences in the Family Science program. This position will teach 12 credits (or their equivalent) per semester in the following curriculum areas: Internship supervision (required), Family Finance and Social Work Practice (preferred), or other family courses (Policy, Ethics, Dynamics and Systems) or human development courses (Lifespan, Early Development, Adult and Aging).
Additional requirements: administrate a student-led, community-based, family life education (psycho-education) program (requires evenings and limited weekend time commitment); contribute to the development and maintenance of Family Science degree; service to the University, including departmental meetings and committee work; participation in area community activities; and, continued professional growth, involvement in professional associations and continuing education.
Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal, earned degree appropriate to discipline. ABD accepted. Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content. Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent with a teaching university. See preferred qualifications for discipline or program-specific minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evidence of organizational leadership, including strategic planning, employee supervision, financial management, fundraising, and creation and maintenance of internal and external partnerships.
- Knowledge and skills in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content consistent with a teaching university.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent community relations skills.
- Budget management skills, preparation, management, decision-making, compliance, and reporting.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, including strategic planning, delegating, and task facilitation focusing on maximizing human capital.
- Ability to foster program development, coordinating volunteer and professional relationships, and major gift fundraising activities.
- Clinical supervision, documentation, billing, and compliance.
- Ability to clinically supervise MSWi/ BSWi students.
- Ability to translate family science concepts to applied settings.
Doctorate in a related field, ABD, or intent to complete a terminal degree by semester start.
Preferred candidates will have completed a Masters degree from an accredited institution in a family-related field. Preferred candidates will have experience administrating Family Life Education (psycho educational) or clinical community-based programs. Preferred candidates will have experience in training, supervising, and overseeing interns. Preferred candidates will have experience in developing and teaching hybrid and online courses.
Frequent standing, sitting, and walking; frequent fine hand manipulation associated with using a computer; continuous ability to see, hear, and speak; able to lift 10 pounds.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
Advertisement Number: FAC23318 Behavioral Science Faculty 06/30/2018
Review Start Date: 05/18/2018
Close Date: 6/30/2018
Open Until Filled: No
How to apply
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date.” This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/6700
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.