Full Time or Part Time?
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence:
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position:
The College of Health Professions is seeking applications for one full-time non-tenure track renewable faculty position in the Departments of Nursing and Advanced Nursing Studies.
NKU is built on core values that emphasize multidimensional excellence, learner-centered education, civic engagement, multiculturalism, innovation, collegiality, and collaboration across disciplines and professional fields. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, but especially from individuals who contribute to the diversity of our academic community.
NKU has a strong commitment to trans-disciplinary education and will open a new Health Innovations Center in the fall of 2018.
The center will be one-of-a-kind and provide the opportunity for the Departments of Nursing and Advanced Nursing Studies to play a significant role in academic innovation as well as impact the health of the region.
The Department Nursing (undergraduate & graduate) invites applications for NTTR Instructor level position for the BSN, RN-BSN, and MSN Programs. Faculty responsibilities will include teaching and service. Teaching responsibilities include didactic (F-2-F and Online), lab and practica. Specific responsibilities include:
All faculty must be prepared to plan and teach courses within their area of expertise. This includes developing (or using provided syllabus) for the classes assigned. Provide syllabus to
- Plan, teach, and evaluate lectures or activities within the course.
- Assure instructional excellence and innovation in course presentation.
- Remain current in the discipline through research and attendance at professional continuing education seminars.
- Serve on committees as assigned and attend faculty, departmental, and other meetings as necessary.
- Advise students throughout the semester.
- Provide tutoring to students upon request.
- Maintain office hours to be accessible and available to students and staff.
- Review textbooks in the discipline and place textbook orders according to the University schedule.
- Maintain grades and submit mid-term and/or final grades through My NKU by the University deadlines.
- Work cooperatively with the faculty team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MSN required.
- Experience in med-surg nursing, nursing management, community and/or nursing administration within the last 5 years required.
- Teaching experience in baccalaureate and/or graduate nursing programs desirable.
- Must possess a valid nursing license through the Kentucky and Ohio Boards of Nursing or be eligible for licensure.
- Minimum Education:
Inquiries should be directed to Mary C. Kishman, Interim Dean, College of Health Professions (859) 572-5246.
How to apply
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Deadline for Application:
The position will begin August 14, 2017.
NKU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Applications by members of diverse groups is encouraged. For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu.