Job ID: 2017-2316
# Positions: 1
Department: School of Engineering – Industrial Engineering
Type: Regular Full-Time
The School of Engineering at Quinnipiac University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor level in Industrial Engineering beginning in August 2018. Tenure-track faculty are expected to excel at teaching, research, and service to students and the university community.
About the School of Engineering:
The School of Engineering became the ninth school at Quinnipiac University on July 1, 2016. The school offers degrees in civil, industrial, mechanical and software engineering, and computer science. Housed in the newly renovated Center for Communications and Engineering, the school features newly constructed and outfitted laboratories and classrooms. Dedicated to providing a high-quality engineering learning experience for our students, the school focuses on high-quality instruction, and offers hands-on training, applied learning opportunities and meaningful student-faculty relationships.
About Quinnipiac University:
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,784 full-time undergraduate and 2,884 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s The Best 380 Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the Great Colleges to Work For. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Teaching, with the possibility of developing courses in various areas of Industrial Engineering including, but not limited to, operations research, health systems engineering, advanced manufacturing, engineering management
- Guiding, advising, and mentoring students
- Maintaining an active research agenda that will lead to peer-reviewed publications
- Service to the university community is also required
Qualifications & Special Instructions to Applicants
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or a PhD in a field closely related to Industrial Engineering. At least one degree is preferred to be in Industrial Engineering. ABDs with teaching experience and a research track record may be considered
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Evidence of the ability to develop an active research agenda with peer-review publications
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include:
- A letter declaring interest in the position;
- A current CV, including details of teaching experience and research achievements; and
- The names and contact information of three references on the application form (reference letters will only be required if selected for an interview)
Consideration of the candidates will begin immediately and will continue until February 1, 2018.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.