The Healthcare Administration Department at Suffolk University’s Sawyer Business School seeks a full-time Instructor to: (1) teach five courses (15 credit hours) per year, delivering the highest quality learning experiences in healthcare management and; (2) provide additional service to Suffolk’s healthcare administration programs and students; and (3) contribute to the visibility, impact and reputation of the university and its healthcare administration programs through professional and/or scholarly engagement. This is a practitioner position, i.e., non-tenure track.
Our Programs: We currently offer three graduate healthcare administration programs: the MHA, MBA/Health, and MPA/Community Health Track. Located on Beacon Hill in Boston near some of the most prestigious healthcare and life sciences organizations in the U.S., we provide cutting-edge academic and hands-on learning experiences. We attract both American and international students who seek to develop their careers as leaders and managers in healthcare. Ours is also the only MHA program in New England that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
- Passion and excellent results in teaching;
- Support for student learning and career development inside and outside the classroom, e.g., through advising;
- Ongoing visibility and impact in the healthcare industry through consulting, policy work, board membership, research, publications, media presence, or other relevant professional activity;
- Collaboration with faculty colleagues to continue building our degree programs and maintaining accreditation.
- Applicants must have at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field and a record of sustained professional engagement and impact in the healthcare field;
- Publications and/or media impact in healthcare are a plus for this position. Because the department is expanding its course offerings by adding hybrid and online courses, an applicant must be willing to teach online as well as face-to-face courses;
- Online/hybrid teaching experience is preferred but not required.
How to apply
An application should be submitted electronically at www. Suffolk.edu. The application should include: (1) a cover letter that provides a brief narrative and highlights of professional experience relevant to this position, including but not limited to teaching, management, consulting, and/or research; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) contact information for two professional references and (4) two reference letters. An individual hired into this position who is actively engaged in scholarship may apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position within two years of their hire date, should such a position become .
Position Start Date: September 1, 2018, or January 1, 2019.? ??