Emporia State University invites applications for an instructor position in the Department of Elementary Education/Early Childhood/Special Education.
The successful applicant will have the education and related professional experience to teach elementary methods classes, supervise Professional Development School (PDS) pre-service teacher candidates, and serve as an academic advisor. This position will also advise and recruit students for the BEST Program. Program development, and service to the Department, The Teachers College, and the University are expected.
The successful applicant will work at the El Dorado, Kansas and Andover, Kansas campuses of the BEST Program (Butler Emporia Students to Teachers). The applicant will also need to be willing to teach in Emporia occasionally as needs arise.
· Doctoral degree with an emphasis in education
· Knowledge about Professional Development Schools
· Master’s degree with an emphasis in education
· At least five years of successful elementary (K-6) teaching experience
· Current K-6 teaching license
· Training in research-based approaches to teach elementary school students
· Strong background in Science and Mathematics Education
· Quality teaching and outstanding collaboration skills
· Ability to supervise students in public school settings, and interns in public school PDS sites in the Wichita area
How to apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send a letter of application, current vita, all unofficial transcripts, and contact information (name, address, phone, e-mail address) for three current references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Dr. Teddy Roop, Search Committee Chair
Department of Elementary Education/Early Childhood/Special Education, Campus Box 4037
Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801-5750
The appointment will commence on August 1, 2018. A background check is required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law. www.emporia.edu