NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Description of Position: Instructor/Lecturer position(s), variable percent of time, for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters. The positions are for instructing teacher preparation course(s) on campus and/or supervising pre-service teacher candidates in public schools, grades K-12 located in Southern Illinois.
Responsibilities of the Position: The following pre-service teacher preparation (teaching and/or supervision) related responsibilities are conducted through the College of Education and Human Services, Office of Teacher Education. Individuals could perform all or some of the responsibilities below.
- Teach one or more courses attached to early clinical experiences or other requirements for teacher candidates.
- Confirm placement of students assigned to designated P-12 schools.
- Provide direct supervision and formative feedback to candidates during their pre-student teaching and/or student teaching clinical semesters.
- Serve as a liaison between the COEHS and the partner school districts.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance in edTPA process during pre-professional clinical semesters, and support during student teaching professional clinical semesters as appropriate.
- Applicants for the Instructor rank must have completed a Masters Degree in a licensure area. Persons holding doctorates with specialty in instructional supervision and/or teacher preparation are preferred and will be hired at the rank of Lecturer.
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience at the elementary, middle school and/or secondary level is required.
- Experience in the use of rubrics to evaluate student or teacher candidate performance.
- The clinical supervision position requires experience in instructional coaching and supervision or school-based clinical supervision.
- Preference will be given to applicants demonstrating the following:
- Professional involvement with several different grade levels and curricular areas with an emphasis in clinical educator preparation.
- Evidence of a record of building and maintaining strong relationships between public schools and the university in the area of educator preparation.
- A commitment to undergraduate education, teaching excellence, and professional service.
- Ability to submit candidate data to electronic data systems such as LiveText.
Appointment: Each position will be a term position for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
Effective Date: August 16, 2018
Application Deadline: June 22, 2018, or until filled.
How to apply
Complete applications must include a letter of application which specifies interest in the teaching and/or clinical supervision position, a current vita and two letters of recommendation written in the past year attesting to the applicant’s qualifications for this position. All required materials should be sent hard copy or electronic format to:
Send PDF files to: email@example.com
Or send hard copies to:
Search Committee – TEP Instructor/Lecturer
College of Education and Human Services
c/o Susan Wills
Wham Building, Room 115 – Mail Code 4624
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
625 Wham Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901