NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Calling all Sociology Subject Matter Experts
Western Governors University is currently seeking Subject Matter Experts to join our Course and Assessment Design project for Introduction to Sociology course.
- Asynchronous work 1: 2-4 hours in reviewing draft competencies, proposing topic alignment exercise.
- Workshop 1: 2-3 hours refining and finalizing draft competencies as a group, identify topic organization and bundling beneath each competency. Deliverables – finalized competencies, topic list for drafting performance objectives.
- Asynchronous work 2: 2-4 hours in reviewing draft performance objectives, proposing topic alignment exercise.
- Workshop 2: 2-3 hours refining and finalizing draft performance objectives as a group, identify topic organization and bundling beneath each performance objective for enabling objectives. Deliverables – finalized performance objectives, topic list for drafting enabling objectives.
- Asynchronous work 3 (2-4 hours) reviewing, commenting, and finalizing enabling objectives in collaboration word document.
- Asynchronous work 4 (1-2 hours) reviewing, commenting, and signing off on final work product – course design document – that includes finalized competencies, performance objectives, and enabling objectives.
- Teaching experience in Sociology (high school or college-level) *required.
- Curriculum/Assessment/Design experience *required.
- Degree/Content expertise – Sociology BA *required, Masters *preferred.
- Preferred: Non Ph.D holders
- April 02, 2019 ~ May 18, 2019
How to apply
If you are interested in joining in this project as a Subject Matter Expert, please click here and apply through WGU’s SME Portal, Shortlist.