The Duchesne Center at Manhattanville College is seeking a part-time Jewish Chaplain.
1. All chaplains work within the Duchesne Center for Religion and Social Justice
2. To foster the spiritual life of one’s particular religious community on Campus by:
a) Prayer, meditation and/or liturgical services
b) To educate the community in its rich religio-socio-cultural heritage
c) To involve one’s particular community in community service and social justice activities on and off of Campus.
d) To promote one’s religious tradition and its dialogue with other religious traditions through opportunities: (educational) lectures, panels, guest speakers, prayer events, and other fellowship gatherings
e) And the creation of other venues that will allow for the spiritual growth of the Campus Community at large.
3. All chaplains need to respect the diversity of religious traditions on Campus and the freedom of conscience of each individual to pursue their spiritual life and religious affiliation.
4. All chaplains work together informing each other of their religious communities activities on and off Campus, and will meet once a month with a student representative of their respective club to form the Manhattanville Interfaith Council.
5. All chaplains are encouraged to work with other members of the Duchesne Staff and College departments and faculty.
1. Need a faculty advisor (may or may not be the chaplain).
2. Must apply for status and funds through the Student Activities Office.
Campus Presence of Chaplain: (may vary according to club needs and desire of students)
5 hours on Campus per week: (Flexibility is key: both hours and activities)
a) Club meeting 1 hr per week
b) Religious service/prayer or gathering: 1 hour per week
c) Office hours 1 hour/week
d) activities/events/organizations outside the three above on or off campus representing Manhattanville College.: 2 hours per week
How to apply
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.