Department: 141601 – Engineering Online
Location: Asheville, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The lecturer position will be located in Asheville, NC and will work with other NC State and UNCA faculty and staff in the mechatronics engineering program. The lecturer position will include the instruction of locally taught engineering classes, coordination of engineering classes delivered synchronously from the NC State campus in Raleigh, close working relationship with mechanical engineering faculty in Raleigh, and the mentor-ship of engineering students. This position will report directly to the Director of Engineering Online in Raleigh and will work closely with the Director of the Mechatronics program in Asheville. The employee will hold the rank of Lecturer within the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
Requires master’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in teaching at the undergraduate level
- Working knowledge of the ABET process
- Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly in verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated understanding of the skills needed to guide students into the successful completion of an undergraduate engineering degree
- Strong verbal communication skills needed to explain the theoretical engineering concepts and their application to the role of a practicing engineer.
- Must be able to travel to Raleigh as needed to attend department, college and/or university meetings and training, if needed.
- Must possess excellent management and organizational skills in the use of time and resources.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with administrators, faculty and colleagues.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as needed for the academic program.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or related area with experience in teaching and working with undergraduate students. FE or PE license in engineering would be helpful.
- Experience working in industry or with a government engineering organization with instructional or research experience.
- Background in Mechatronics/Robotics.
Position Number: 00061870
How to apply
Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.