|Department||Social Work – Troy|
|Division||College of Health and Human Services|
|Location||Troy – T01|
If Faculty position
Is this position tenure track or non-tenure track?
Dependent on selected rank
The Lecturer/Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work position is responsible for directing the Coleman Center Family Support Services and for teaching a partial load across the MSW curriculum to include HBSE, Social Policy, Social Work Methods, Social Work Research, and specialty electives; utilizing a variety of teaching methods (direct, hybrid, distance learning, online) for a MSWprogram currently in candidacy with CSWE; and potentially teaching at the BSW and/or MSW level.
- Master’s degree of Social Work from a CSWE accredited program
- Current Alabama Social Work license or ability to obtain license upon hire
- Minimum of one year of post secondary teaching experience
- Experience with families and children in a direct practice setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Doctoral degree in Social Work or social science related field
- Minimum of five years of licensed social work experience
- Experience in internships and networking with community agencies
- Skill to develop educational leadership and use developing technological course delivery methods
- Experience in organizational leadership, management and administrative curriculum as it relates to MSW students
- Military, international, and/or grant experience
- Published research
Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?
Driving may be necessary but is not a primary responsibility
To be determined
Academic Term Position Will Begin
How to apply
Qualified applications will be made available to the department/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact email@example.com.